Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting

This is cake #2 I made for my boy's birthday; his special "smash" cake! I probably ate about 20 times more of this cake than he did because of it's addicting flavor. It was really simple and even a slightly healthy alternative to a store bought frosting.

Cupcakes or carrot cake/cupcakes would also taste delicious with this frosting. The lemon zest adds a yummy taste without overdoing it for your taste buds. This recipe is a must try and I promise you will not be dissapointed with it's extreme deliciousness. I found the recipe on food network.com by Ellie Krieger.

I couldn't resist adding a pic of my cute big boy!


Ingredients:

8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest


With an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lemon zest until smooth and creamy.


With an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lemon zest until smooth and creamy.


Frost cake or cupcakes as desired and indulge!




No comments:

Post a Comment